Enough is enough.
I’m so sick and tired of hearing or reading Muslim attempts to deceive people about the true nature of their faith.
1) The example all Muslims are called to follow, Mohammad, advanced Islam through violence against those who did not immediately submit to him.
2) The book all Muslims are called to obey, the Qur’an: authorizes, justifies, incentivizes, and rewards violence against unbelievers.
3) The history of Islam shows that the religion only was able to get off the ground at the point of a sword, and its history continued in that way until after it conquered all of the world within its reach. The “peaceful” time that followed was only achieved by either killing all those who disagreed, or forcing them to 1) pay a special tax for non-believers and 2) agree to never attempt to convert to spread their non-Muslim view. Should anyone attempted to convert a Muslim, they would be killed. Should any Muslim choose to convert, they too would be killed, and then “peace” would return. Hmmm… does that sound like peace to you?
Muslims invariably respond to these facts in any combination of the responses below, none of which are legitimate.
1) Deflect any attention away from Islam to Christians or others by labeling them as equally violent and thus as hypocritical. This deflecting tactic works amazingly well in our culture that is becoming post-Christian as it plays off of the ignorance and outrage of most Americans against heinous deeds of the past (such as the Catholic inquisitions or Crusades, etc.) and disagreements with our own government. First they allege that the Bible is equally violent and quote some passages from the Old Testament (O.T.) to proof text their point. Second, they point to historical events in which Christians were involved (like the crusades, even Hitler and others) and say that this is proof that Christianity is every bit as violent as Islam. Third, they say that modern Christian nations, such as the U.S., are terrorist organizations that slaughter Muslims under the banner of Christ. The first problem is that to compare the Qur’an's violence to even the worst example of the O.T. is utterly duplicitous. No where in the Bible are God’s people given a general command to kill those who do not know God. No where in the Bible are God’s people incentivized to “kill all unbelievers unless they convert.” An inspection into any O.T. case of violence always shows that it is not generically aimed at “enemies” but rather at specific groups (the inhabitants of Canaan who Israel was instructed to destroy) or for specific circumstances (for crimes punishable by death). The violence of Mohammad and the Qur’an are generalized against ANY and ALL non-Muslims who don’t submit to Islam or paying the tax for unbelievers. There are NO such passages in the O.T. This vast difference must be noticed even before secondly, showing that Christ in the New Testament, which is the moral standard for Christians, teaches “love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.” Even if the change of covenants taught in the Bible is ignored, it is still plainly visible that there is vast difference between the literally “conquer the world” violence of the Qur’an and the localized and criminal punishment of the O.T.
2) They deny that the Qur’an is violent by saying these verses are out of context. There are also a number of stock “peaceful passages” in the Qur’an which are quoted ad nauseum to claim that Islam is peaceful. Now, it is possible that young American Muslims have been taught and truly believe that the Qur’an is peaceful, but if that is the case then they are the ones who are ignorant of the actual history and meaning of the Qur’an according to Muslim scholars down through the ages, and according to Mohammed himself! All Muslim scholars know about abrogation, the implications of which are not fully explained to initiate level Muslims until they are totally brainwashed. This little known fact that knowledgeable Muslims realize is avoided at the outset because if you know they could not deceive you so easily. Abrogation is actually a core Islamic teaching (from Mohammad and the Qur’an itself) that if any 2 passages of the Qur’an contradict one another, the LATER one supersedes and replaces the former one. Now, the Qur’an is not chronological, so only educated Muslims (or outsiders who research it in depth) will know which passages came early in Mohammad’s life and which ones were later. The truth is that the peaceful passages from Mohammad came early in his life when things were going well for him, and the violent ones came later as he made military conquests against those who would not bow to him and his teachings. Just the single passage of Sura 9:5, for example, abrogates over 100 peaceful passages which historically preceded it! Most, and likely ALL of the verses that Muslims quote from the Qur'an that sound peaceful have been replaced by violent ones by their own teaching, but they hide this fact from outsiders to make Islam seem more palatable. This brings up another extremely dangerous teaching that Muslims follow from the Qur'an called "Takkiya." Takkiya teaches Muslims that they are to defend Allah and Islam in any way possible, even through lying and deceit. So they are literally encouraged to lie in order to make sure Islam looks good to people. Think about that for a moment the next time you hear a Muslim defend their faith: truth is less important than looking good. The reality is that the Qur’an is utterly murderous, and online Muslims always try to cover this up by showing you peaceful passes and claiming that all violent ones are out of context. The truth is that all peaceful passages have been replaced (abrogated) by the violent ones which came later, and thus it is the peaceful passages that are all taken out of context!
3) They will point to the 1+ billion Muslims worldwide who are not beheading people and say, “see, the majority of Muslims are peaceful and you cannot characterize the religion of Islam by a few extremist who have hijacked the cause of Islam for their political ideals!” Thank God that most Muslims don’t behead people, but that does not change any of the facts mentioned above. They will also point to the rare examples of people who have claimed the name of Jesus while committing atrocities and saying “see, Christians are violent too” all the while ignoring that those who do so do it AGAINST the teaching of Jesus, abusing it, and not by actually following Him. In 100% contrast to this, those Muslims who choose to live peacefully CANNOT do so by following the example of Mohammad; they only live peaceably by going AGAINST the example and teachings of Mohammad! Those Muslims who choose to live peacefully do NOT do so by following the teaching of the Qur’an; they do so only by following the abrogated verses AGAINST the verses that have officially replaced them. Those Muslims who choose to live peacefully do so knowing full well that they cannot restrain or condemn their violent “brothers of faith” who are being true to both Mohammad’s example and the teaching of the Qur’an. In other words, it is LOGICALLY consistent to be violent against any unbeliever as a Muslim, you can be 100% true to Mohammad and the Qur’an while slaughtering all who don’t submit to the cause of Allah. Diametrically opposed to this stands the cause of Christ, who choose to die for the love of His enemies! Wow, the core of the Christian message is that God loved lost humanity so much that He was willing to give His own life for those who were His enemies to win them by His love!
In short, the objections of Muslims to the violence of Islam is all based on deception or misdirection.
Some Muslims are forthright enough to own up to the truth about Islam, while others are quite possibly ignorant of their own history, having been deceived into believing a watered-down Westernized, and dare I say, “Christianized” version to make it more palatable for them until they have bought into it hook, line and sinker. Either way, the truth about Islam is a grim picture indeed. The people involved are not all bad, but those who buy into a dangerous philosophy become themselves... dangerous. Just ask the very normal people who were convinced by Hitler to commit the most infamous and heinous murder of millions of innocent people. The vast majority of Nazi's were not crazy people, they were normal just like you, me and our Muslims friends and neighbors.
Ideas are powerful. What we believe makes all the difference in the world.
Yes, Islam and Mohammad are to blame for the violence we see among Muslims today.
If you are wondering why I have not quoted Suras (what Muslims call the chapters of the Quran) and given more specifics on the history, it truly was to save space and your time in reading it. If you have never seen these facts with your own eyes before, you need to do some personal research. Please pick up some history books and read about it for yourself.